Mu Alpha Theta Math Honor Society
What is Mu Alpha Theta?
Mu Alpha Theta, the National High School and Two-Year College Mathematics Honor Society, was formed in 1957 at the University of Oklahoma. We are dedicated to inspiring a keen interest in mathematics, developing strong scholarship in the subject, and promoting the enjoyment of mathematics in high school and two-year college students. Currently, more than 124,000 students are Mu Alpha Theta members at more than 2,633 schools in the United States and in 23 foreign countries.
St. Augustine Catholic High School Chapter:
Membership into Mu Alpha Theta is by invitation only. In order to be invited students must:
· Have completed Algebra 2 and Geometry.
· Be enrolled in a higher level math course beyond Geometry.
· Have a math GPA of 3.0 or higher
· Must display good work ethic and leadership qualities.
In order to remain a member of the St. Augustine High School Chapter, students must:
· Maintain a B-average in their current math course
· Participate in our tutoring program as a tutor
· Participate in math competitions
· Participate in Candidate Day math activities.
· Continue to display good work ethic and leadership qualities